Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Smiles instead of Homework


Module Papers = hours spent reading research articles + learning economic theories + long supervisory meetings + putting it all down on paper.  It seems like such an easy formula, but I missed the part about not sleeping so I can get it all done.  This is what my work table looked like after an hour the other day. 

So, instead of writing that paper on the market model of education, I'm sitting here thinking about several things that make me smile.  You might feel the same way.





It's the climate change conference here in Copenhagen and environmental ads are everywhere.  This is a giant globe climate art thingy that is in the entrance to the Forum metro station.  All the random art from across the world is making me smile these days.


Dexter.  I taught all of the internationals how to carve pumpkins this year, thanks to Kristin's amazing gift of pumpkin carving utensils.  I opened the package at the university and you should of seen the excitement when I started handing out those little carving saws for our carving contest.  This was my entry, which I thought was quite amazing.  Unfortunately, Dexter's lab was unknown over here and I lost the contest. 


This is Samuel and I acting like idiots in front of Burger King.  This one is at the airport and it makes us super happy to be there occassionally.  Danes are so healthy its nice to be able to go the local American Embassy (AKA Burger King) and get your "passport stamped" by eating some quality unhealthy fries.  We are giggling in anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment