Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Elf of Papers

Dear Christmas Elf of Papers,

I know I should be almost done with my assignments, but the world has conspired against me.  I would still like to get a 12 on my paper (otherwise known as an A) despite my seeming lack of diligence.  I think that once you see what has been put in my path you will understand and help me.  O please help me. 


1) The first snowfall in Copenhagen, was also the first snow for many of my friends.  (See Berta and I -->)  There is no way to miss their joy and wonder at the white cold wet stuff that falls from the sky.  I would be remiss if I kept working through that. 

2) The United Nations Climate Conference is still going on and the protests are getting larger everyday.  This means that the metro shuts down or there are really weird delays and then I am late for everything and I can't get my paper done when I am suppossed to, because I am still on a train, or bus, or subway. 


3) All of those protestors make a lot of police come out and some of them are GOOD LOOKING.  I have to just stand and stare.  There is no other solution.  And of course, more valuable time is lost.

4) I went to Älmhult over the weekend to work, note how studious and responsible I am, but my parents don't want me to ever finish this paper.  I know this because they own a TV.  The TV had a magnetic pull to it that I could not refuse.  There were even shows in English and this thing called a remote so that I could sit in one place for hours.  Amazing.  Simply Astounding.  No work done.

5) I went to the library at school and I got hungry so I went to the kitchen for students, where we have ovens, stoves, and microwaves.  My plan was to cook with my class and then write a bit more, but the administration noted how much the internationals were at the school and put a table football in the student area.  (See us playing it - note Christmas Elf that they are NOT writing either!) Administration gave us a gift.  It would be very rude not to use it. 


So none of these things are my fault.  Please overlook all of these ummm... obstacles to be covercome ...  and help me get a good grade and then a good oral defense and while you are at it, some æbleskiver would be nice.

Sincerely, your friend, the hard-working student and all around nice gal,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment